Welcome to Marketer Interview, where we delve into the minds of remarkable marketers.
With expertise in SEO and leadership, Deepak has built a successful career in digital marketing and entrepreneurship. In addition, he brings a wealth of knowledge in building, growing, and selling various ventures, making him a true authority in the field.
Deepak’s journey is as diverse as it is impressive. From being a TEDx speaker to a marathon runner and an avid adventurer, he has constantly pushed boundaries and achieved remarkable personal and professional milestones.
So let’s dive into his experiences and insights and discover the valuable lessons he has learned.
- 1 Can you share your journey of getting started in the marketing field?
- 2 Could you provide some insights into the key strategies you’ve implemented to build and grow your company?
- 3 How do you stay current with the latest trends and ensure that your SEO strategies remain effective?
- 4 Could you share a specific project or campaign where your expertise in SEO made a significant impact??
- 5 What key qualities and principles do you believe are essential for effective leadership in the marketing industry?
- 6 What advice would you give aspiring marketers wanting to start their ventures?
- 7 What are some of the biggest misconceptions or myths about SEO you’ve encountered?
- 8 What tools or software do you rely on to streamline your work and maximize your efficiency as an SEO professional and leader?
- 9 You’ve succeeded remarkably as a speaker, author, and marathon runner. How do these diverse experiences contribute to your approach to marketing and leadership?
I started in SEO independently and decided to work with a few international SEO experts to scale my work.
I quickly realized that we could provide SEO services to clients worldwide and not only in London if managed well.
This motivated me to start Pearl Lemon SEO, a fully remote SEO agency with clients from around the world and an international team of SEO experts.
Pearl Lemon SEO did well, the revenue grew, and the team expanded. And I decided to start offering services in digital marketing, digital PR, which eventually led to what is now known as Pearl Lemon Group.
Could you provide some insights into the key strategies you’ve implemented to build and grow your company?
Some of my key strategies are to always continue growing.
As the founder and CEO, I read about management, leadership, and development several hours a week.
This gives me the tools I need to continuously improve my company and teach my employees new skills so that we improve every year.
Growth is a mindset, and it is something that I’ve instilled in my team from day one. We are constantly thinking about ways to scale and ways to improve our processes and the services that we provide.
How do you stay current with the latest trends and ensure that your SEO strategies remain effective?
This goes back to our growth mindset. We always learn, read, observe, and analyze new improvement methods.
This helps us stay on top of trends and drive innovation within our company. This has helped us remain effective and on top of our game.
One of the campaigns we worked on a few years ago involved a company that needed to suppress negative results on Google that affected their brand image, and our team had about a year to work on this.
This challenging yet rewarding campaign taught us a lot about how SEO and digital PR can work hand in hand to make the most effective reputation management campaign and have a lasting positive impact on a company’s brand image.
What key qualities and principles do you believe are essential for effective leadership in the marketing industry?
Some essential qualities and principles for effective leadership include inspiring your team, setting clear objectives, holding everyone accountable, and staying focused on growth and development.
Consider what unique aspect you bring and hone in on that to stand out from your competitors.
This should be reflected in your branding, how you onboard clients, and how you present results. But, again, the little things can significantly impact your perception.
One of the biggest misconceptions is that SEO is a waste of time.
I have seen firsthand how it has helped my company grow since we rank on page 1 of Google for most of our services.
We get almost all our new customers from organic search results. This is something we replicate for our clients so they can have a consistent pipeline of new business.
What tools or software do you rely on to streamline your work and maximize your efficiency as an SEO professional and leader?
We use LemApp a lot for our Business WhatsApp accounts, which significantly helps us!
Those experiences are an essential part of who I am today, and they’ve taught me the importance of constantly pushing myself to improve.